GOSHEN, Ind. – The Lady Jackets have played in three separate matches at three separate locations over the last three days, and the fatigue started to show on Thursday afternoon, as they dropped a 9-0 decision to Goshen College.
The exhaustion was evident in the second set of each match, in which the Yellow Jackets combined for only one point. Nicole Lovins was competitive in her No. 4 singles match against Goshen's Chelsea Wampler, posting three points in the first set before falling 6-0 in the second set.
The team will finally get a day to recuperate tomorrow, before they travel to Lexington, Ky., on Saturday for an HCAC tri-match with Anderson (3-7, 3-3 HCAC) and Transylvania (5-1, 5-1 HCAC). The match, which is set to begin at 12:00 p.m., will mark the final conference competition for the Lady Jackets this season.
Goshen 9, Defiance 0
1. Lanctot-Hawkins (GC) def. Wieland-Savage (DC) 8-2
2. Dewing-Stoltzfug (GC) def. Stevens-Lovins (DC) 8-1
3. Wampler-Zook (GC) def. Carunchia-LaBarber (DC) 8-0
1. Rachel Lanctot (GC) def. Alyssa Dewing (DC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Alyssa Dewing (GC) def. Catie Savage (DC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alli Hawkins (GC) def. Sammi Stevens (DC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Chelsea Wampler (GC) def. Nicole Lovins (DC) 6-3, 6-0
5. Lauren Stoltzfug (GC) def. Tasha Brown (DC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Nikita Zook (GC) def. Katie Carunchia (DC) 6-0, 6-0