LEXINGTON, Ky. – The women's tennis team rounded out their conference schedule with a tri-match against Anderson University and Transylvania University on Saturday afternoon. Defiance dropped both matches, 9-0, as they fell out of contention for the HCAC Championships.
Katie Carunchia and Danielle LaBarbera have been the Yellow Jackets' most successful doubles team this season, and nearly pulled out another victory in No. 3 doubles action against Transylvania's Victoria Haugli and Samantha Voss.
DC Freshman, Catie Savage, was the Yellow Jackets' most competitive player in singles action against Transylvania, posting four points in her No. 2 singles match against TU's Katie Boone.
Individual results for Defiance's match against Anderson are not yet available, but will be published as soon as they are received.
The Yellow Jackets will play in their final home match of the season tomorrow against Thomas Moore University (4-4). The match is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.
Transylvania 9, Defiance 0
1. Fulkerson-Ridley (TU) def. Wieland-Savage (DC) 8-1
2. Boone-Townsend (TU) def. Stevens-Lovins (DC) 8-2
3. Haugli-Voss (TU) def. Carunchia-LaBarbera (DC) 8-4
1. Kelsey Fulkerson (TU) def. Kirsten Wieland (DC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Katie Boone (TU) def. Catie Savage (DC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Sarah Ridley (TU) def. Sammi Stevens (DC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Stephanie Townsend (TU) def. Nicole Lovins (DC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Victoria Haugli (TU) def. Tasha Brown (DC) 6-0, 6-2
6. Caroline Tapscott (TU) def. Katie Carunchia (DC) 6-0, 6-0
Anderson 9, Defiance 0
Individual results not yet available.